1. Drive competitive Piping/Layout design & engineering execution strategies to ensure the growth of Air Products gasification projects whilst consistently delivering on project commitments in terms of man-hours, cost, schedule, quality and performance.
2. To implement and deliver cost effective engineering & design that support the broad portfolio of projects.
3. Support the creation and maintenance of key work processes and engineering standards to ensure that competitive and safe design of Air Products’ projects on a global basis.
4. Lead implementation of work process discipline and reporting to ensure strong project control and clear communication
5. Assist team lead to create team members’ career development plan; Recruit, train and motivate staff of the team necessary to meet the present and future needs of the business.
6. Manage and perform various aspects of piping and stress design, including modelling work, piping arrangement drawing, ISO drawings, piping list, BOM, pipe support, piping insulation, etc. Review and feedback piping basic and detail design drawing and spec completed by contractors.
7. Experienced in layout design of gasification plant with local design code compliance and low-cost design initiatives. Well knowledge in general plot plan design, firefighting design, underground pipe design.
8. Well understand China local piping/layout/stress engineering design code and be familiar with international standards and codes
9. Act as a consultant in Piping/Layout engineering areas of expertise and lead problem solving on significant piping/stress issues.
10. Have rich experience on site technical support and trouble shooting.
11. Coordinate and communicate Piping/Layout technical issues, working process, work load sharing, etc. with other regions.
12. Experience in pipe bulk material handle.
13. Experience in MEI sub-contractor document prepared.
1. Job Incumbent is expected to have minimum 15 years work experience in Piping/Layout Engineering for Gas, Chemical or Petrochemical related industry with China Design Institute or engineering company.
2. Job Incumbent is expected to have Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Process or Mechanical Engineering
3. Job Incumbent is expected to have certain management skills and with 5-years’ experience in supervising a team with the scale of several persons.
4. Acceptable and communicable level English skills
5. Good personality as a professional engineer
6. Good communication and coordination skills
7. Be able to travel to site as required.
8. Skillful in piping design tools, including S3D, Mircrostation, Smart Plant Review.
9. Well understand local and international piping design standards and codes
10. Well understand piping design, check and approval procedure as well as interfaces with other functions
11. Good sense on project design scheduling and cost
12. Good sense on piping stress analysis and pipe material selection.